THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER
BY.....Stephen Chbosky
I love to listen to books on CD, especially when I go to work. I am usually by myself most of the day in the front office so it is fun to have something good to listen to besides the radio. So this is the book I picked up at the Library because I noticed it on a list of the best books for Young Adult readers. ( I didn't realize it has also been made into a movie) I did not get past the first CD, I did not like the book! It was way to suggestive for me and I would not have ever let my children read this at all. I can't tell you if it was that way throughout the entire book but just the first CD was not enjoyable to me.
So I am not counting this as my sixth book
But this is BOOK SIX
THE HAPPINESS PROJECTBY...Gretchen Rubin
Am I happy? Can I be Happier?....
Hum...I have always thought I was a pretty happy person, and I still do. But I really enjoyed reading this book. The author decides to work on becoming happier over a year. She makes a different resolution to work on each month of the year. She picks things that she needs to work on to make her happier.
She gives some great insight to different ways of handling situations. I love the many quotes she is always sharing throughout the entire book. I actually took notes as I read, which made me enjoy it even better.
I have been trying to add some of her resolutions in my own life.
For instance....for January she works on boosting her energy, (Vitality) Studies show when you feel energetic, your self-Esteem rises. She will then break her resolution down into topics to help. Like....Sleeping more, going to bed earlier. Exercising better. Toss, restore and organize.Act more energetic!
February....Remember Love. etc.
So it is basically a guide of ways to bring you more happiness. She does a great job in sharing all of her experiences and if they worked for her or not. I liked that she shared even if they did not work.
In the end she comes up with 4 splendid truths.
It is now up to you to read the book if you want to find out what those are!
Good clean and fun read.
No comments:
Post a Comment