WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY




Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


The oldest living apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died Monday night, December 1, 2008, age 91. Elder Wirthlin had gone to bed at his Salt Lake City home, and died peacefully at about 11:30 pm of causes incident to age. His oldest daughter, Jane Wirthlin Parker, was present. A member of the family had been staying and caring for Elder Wirthlin, whose wife, Elisa Young Rogers Wirthlin, died in 2006.


Remember the WONDERFUL talk, "Come What May, And Love It"? It was given this last General Conference in April by our sweet apostle, Elder Wirthlin.


Thank you Elder Wirthlin for your sweet spirit and your dedication. Thank you for a life full of service.


♥Time to Blog it up!♥

2 comments:

Jodi said...

He was such a great speaker and such an amazing example. I just loved him! I am glad he is with his wife now. I bet him and Pres. Hinckley are having a great reunion!

Hey, when you make your WORDLES...how do you get it to make some of the words big????

Julie said...

Tamee--Nice post. That talk was a classic. I will miss his gentle spirit. He was a wonderful example of humility and service. Hope you're having a great day. Julie