WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

TIME FOR A WINTER STORM

Well lets start with Thursday morning at around 3:00 am....Both Lionel and I wake up to this terrific windstorm.  We run down stairs to look outside and yep....the Christmas decorations were gone....well sort of. They just weren't in the same place. The wind...102 miles per hour winds had blown them all over!  Crazy! We did try to open the door and grab what we could but it was so dark, so windy, it made it difficult ...besides the fact that we were half asleep! But the wind did not stop..it kept blowing and getting stronger the rest of the night into the morning!  Our first winter storm...minus the SNOW...just WIND! So of course I had to get ready for work and get going around 6 am but sadly the power was out!  Oh goodness I fixed the hair as best as I could with a flashlight and headed out the door. WOW I could not believe the force of that wind....As I drove through the streets it was just like an obstacle course. Trees down in the road, cinder blocks here and there, garbage cans drifting across the street. My own decorations blowing all around..hum I wonder how far some of them made it! It was dark and windy...I think I really was kind of crazy to go to work, what was I thinking a tree could have fallen on me! As I drove past the Bountiful cemetery I saw a very sad sight...the beautiful Pine trees that lined the street were laying over on top of all the tombstones...oh my so sad!
Well I took some pictures when I came home and Lionel took some pictures of the cemetery so I will share those with you....I have to just say that this storm really helped me to recognize that we all need to be prepared at anytime for something to destroy our comforts. To be thankful for all the comforts that we have, our homes, electricity, generators, lanterns, neighbors, prayers and family. 
Oh and by the way be sure to put a flashlight in all the Christmas Stockings this year Santa, I'm sure we can all use one! 
 Our Neighbors home in their backyard.....

 Another neighbors front yard...




 Our ward..
 The Bountiful Cemetery...





 The scout trailers at the ward...


Well that is about it for this post...just what bit of news.....NO CHURCH TODAY!  I guess there is another storm coming tonight....winds again!  So they asked everyone to go out and help collect all the limbs and stuff off of the streets! So Lionel is out and busy cleaning up.....lets hope this next one will be mild and oh by the way..yep I am going outside to once again bring in my Christmas decorations....maybe I should just put them away!  LOL  BE SAFE!

1 comment:

Karey said...

Terrible storm. Glad you got some pictures and glad you were safe. Where do you work?