WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book 1

Peter and the Starcatchers
By Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson 
File:Peter Starcatchers.gif I have always loved Peter Pan and all the movies about Peter.  So I was super excited to read this book. It did not let me down! I loved it. It is easy to read and just as easy to sink into the story and simple enjoy. It has some humor, lots of action and it has a few surprises. 
How did Peter learn to fly? Where did tinker bell come from? How did Hook lose his Hand?
This book will give you answers plus more! 
This story is about how Peter Pan came to be. How he started out as an orphan and became mixed up with all kinds of shifty characters, especially Hook! You will learn all about the pirates, the croc and even Neverland.  It is one of those books that is fun to read out loud. 
The book also has plenty of magic in its pages, enough to become a fan. I am looking forward to the sequels... Peter and the Shadow Thieves, and Peter and the secret of Rundoon.
There is no swearing, or uncomfortable situations! 


No comments: