WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Friday, January 24, 2014

BOOK THREE

STAR GIRL
BY Jerry Spinelli



Star girl is magical.....Told by Leo, a sixteen year old young man in high school. He narrates the story and shares his experience with this young girl.  If only we could all be as brave as star girl. She is unique and has a whimsical life. She has been home schooled throughout elementary and Jr. High, but is now coming to High School for the first time.  She is just herself...loving, kind and looking for friends. She sings to everyone for their birthdays, shares treats with them all on holidays and soon starts to become every one's favorite, including Leo.  They all love her special uniqueness.....but as all things happen it doesn't last. 
I think I even felt myself crying inside. Why....Why do we always feel the need to change those that are different. Why do we all need to be similar in looks and style. Sadly that is what happens between Star girl and the entire school, and especially with Leo. 
Star Girl is a wonderful story and one that I think all young adults should read and learn from.  It touches your heart and makes a lasting feeling of wanting to be like Star Girl....she knew what was important in life and made it her goal to become that person she loved most....today it is STAR GIRL. 
Good, Clean read....ENJOY 

No comments: