WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Monday, November 3, 2008

MELANCHOLY MONDAY

It's been a kind of melancholy Day. It started early, with everybody getting up at different times this morning. 4:30 am, then 6:15, giving Andy a ride to the bus stop, then home to wake Tj up at 6:40 for school. Next comes Maren off to work, A bit of braiding for her hair and she is off. Maybe 2 or 3 loads of wash come next, and cleaning up the Halloween deco. (Always such a chore putting up and taking down) Do I really enjoy them? Not so sure some days. I needed to run to the store to get a few items so I could make some funeral potatoes for a funeral today. SO SAD! First I need to get Stephanee off to work. So I get to the store and pick up the items and head out the door and to the car, then I realize I forgot the cheese. I head back into the store and just as I walk through the door my stupid, and I mean stupid high heel slip and down I go. Flat on my face, almost. How dumb to I feel. Then two of the lady's at the registers come running over and help me up. I of course laugh and tell them yes I am okay, meanwhile my knee is burning and slowly my back is getting stiff! I go back and pick up the cheese and head for home, thank goodness! Get home do another load of wash and make the potatoes. Time to head over to the ward for the funeral.....I was so sad about this sister passing away. After serving as the Relief Society President for four years I really had the opportunity to get to know these older sisters in the ward and to love each one of them. This particular sister was always so sweet to me and always gave me a hug and said such nice things. She would get talking about her husband and make me laugh so hard. He was such a stinker and she would just go on and on about how he wouldn't listen to her. You could really tell that they loved each other. He looked so sad today, he will be so alone, and that makes me sad. Some days it really scares me to grow old. After the funeral I came home and put the rest of the Halloween away and got the few things out for thanksgiving. Then I realized that I had forgotten the chicken for dinner at the store so I had to go back to the store.....I made a few other stops to check out the sales. By the time I got home and made dinner, I was pretty tired and very sore. I sat down with the heating pad on my back and yess.....I fell asleep and forgot to set the timer on my dinner. Of course it was well over done, but nobody said anything and they all just ate it. What else could go wrong ......I am posting and then going to go and watch my Dancing with the stars show. I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the past few, but it is still nice to just relax. ohh....almost forgot it is FHE. Now what should we have a lesson? oooops Lionel forgot and he went to paint with Andy, Maren is asleep on my couch, she hurt her back somehow and is not feeling at all well. So maybe we will just let this FHE slide by......Tj has a lot of homework, he is reading the Scarlet Letter and hating every minute of it. Steph is upstairs on my bed with the laptop checking out her facebook so I am sure nobody will miss FHE tonight. Right about now I am looking for some sympathy....okay I know everybody has bad days.
I guess as you can tell Monday's are not always my favorite day of the week, especially when I am feeling melancholy. I don't know why they have always been hard for me, something to do with starting another week with so many things to once again get done. So I found a fun note on another blog and it talked about this very thing and how it is really all in our attitude when we wake up.
The first thirty to sixty minutes of our day set the tone for the hours to come. Your emotional fuel in the morning has a dramatic impact on how the day flows and unfolds.
So I would encourage all of you and myself include to wake up tomorrow morning and greet the day with a GOOD MORNING... Just think to yourself what a wonderful day is ahead for you and what can I do to make it that way.......
This is the season to be Grateful!
Start today and every day this month right down something you are thankful for on your calendar. At the end of the month notice how much happier you are as you become aware of your blessing!!
Thanks for being my friend and just reading along with me. Smile and have a great Day!


6 comments:

Andrew and Maren said...

I am graetful for my mom Tamee

Julie said...

Tamee---Sorry you had a sad day. I hope you are okay from your fall. Naola's funeral made me think about my own life and what people would say if I were to die today. She was a great lady. I pray for Mel. He looked so sad. How could he not though after being with Naola for 60 years. We are so fortunate to believe what we believe. Hope your day is better tomorrow. Hugs----Julie

Jacquelyn & Brian Watson said...

I love reading your blog, you always have good things to say, even when its a bad day for you! I hope you have a better day today! Ps. I been needing to get your recipe for your really good chicken salad that has grapes and pasta in it sometime!

It's Miller Time said...

What a great reminder, I've totally been having a hard time with greeting the morning with a good attitude and it wrecks my whole day! I hope your back gets feeling better.

Ashley said...

Wow, Tamee. That sounded like a hard day. I am so sorry, and I hope today is better for you.

Berry said...

Tamee - I'm so sorry that you had such a crappy day! You are so good to turn it around and find things to be grateful for! Good job! I hope the rest of the week goes much better for you! Sheri