The Newspaper the other evening had a great article titled...
A laugh a day really keeps the doctor away!
Yeah, I love to laugh so it was just perfect.
It had this great poem that just has to make you smile...it made me laugh and smile.
Here goes......
SNOWBALL
I made myself a snowball as perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet and let it sleep with me.
I made it some pajamas and a pillow for it's head.
Then, last night it ran away.
But first--it wet the bed.
--Shel Silverstein
hee hee , still makes me laugh!
So the article went on to say that it is fun to be silly sometimes. Life is just too darn serious unless we let loose once in awhile. Humor is good for our souls and it lightens our outlook.
Here is what the Doc says...The effects of laughter and exercise are very similar, combining laughter and movement, like waving your arms, is a great way to boost your heart rate.
They claim that it takes 10 minutes on a rowing machine for your heart rate to reach the level it would after just one minute of hearty laughter. And laughter appears to burn calories , too.
So come on lets all lighten up....Share a funny poem, story or joke on your blog. I could really use another good laugh. Smile and have a great day.
1 comment:
Cute Tamee!! That made me laugh, too. My in-laws just had stake conference, and their stake president's whole talk was on the importance of laughter in the home and not taking everything so seriously. Good advice for us all, especially with all the gloom and doom that seems to be in the world. Have a great day.
Oh, for the wall-hanging, are you thinking of something to stitch or just a cute bunny or something--let me know and I will help you from there. Julie
Post a Comment