WELCOME FRIENDS....MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME

So my new goal this year is to read at least 25 books and blog about them. I will share my thoughts about each book. I love to read and enjoy a book just for my own enjoyment! So that is how I will evaluate each book. Let the journey begin.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

THOUGHTS FOR TUESDAY

WALKING WITH MOSES.....
I love walking with moses, he helps to part the sea and give me comfort and security.
I started walking with Moses a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed it, I can really talk to him and he gives me encouragement to keep walking and not give up!


Okay, Okay I don't really walk with the "Moses", I walk with my neighbors great Dane, Moses.
He is the greatest, most lovable and adorable dog. He is six years old and just kind of lopes along with me. I could actually walk down the street and people walking would cross the street. He is really a big dog. So he really does remind me of Moses parting the red sea.
Here are a couple of pictures of the great Dane MOSES! (no not me..the dog!)


Now for the very sad news...Moses passed away a week ago. He got sick during the night and they took him to the Vets, and they found that his stomach had somehow turned over. I guess that is a something that can happen with the larger dogs, and they need surgery to repair it. But He did not make it in time for the surgery, it was so sad. My friends were all so sad to lose their Moses as was I....He was a great walking partner. So my thoughts have been all over lately, I guess what with Autumn in the air, it really makes me melancholy at times. I know that all things must leave this earth at sometime, even animals. I know that they go to a much better place but at times it is very sad to say goodbye until we meet again. I guess I just wasn't ready for Moses to leave, and get this he wasn't even MY DOG! So lets all remember to hug and say I love you to all those people or animals today. I love You! Who knows what tomorrow will bring. So just a few thoughts to ponder on....time to blog it up!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Tamee--I was shocked when the kids came home and told me Moses had died. I had to call Kristen and get the details. I knew you would be sad---maybe you will have to get another dog after all!! Loved your post. I need to be so grateful for all and who I have--you are right!! Thanks for the thoughts!! julie